News Relive Your Youth With a $29 PlayStation Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Does this accept original cd's?
No, I'm sure it doesn't.

Can you download other games or anything?
Good question. I have a couple dozen PS1 games that I bought for my 1st-gen PS3. A lot of side/overhead shooters really don't need cutting-edge GPUs and are still plenty fun to play.

The cool thing about the PS3 is that it had HDMI-out and (the 1st gen) would up-scale the PS1 games. I haven't fired up that machine in quite a while - I seriously doubt it even boots. I should've backed up its HDD, when I had the chance.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
the psx was great. The classic edition is garbage though and it will screw up your childhood memories
I don't disagree with you, but I'm curious why you say that?

I see a number of bad reviews on Amazon. So, people should probably read those before buying.

What surprises me is that it includes 2 controllers for that price! I don't know about PS1, but the PS3 controllers each cost more than this entire console!

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019
I don't disagree with you, but I'm curious why you say that?

I see a number of bad reviews on Amazon. So, people should probably read those before buying.

What surprises me is that it includes 2 controllers for that price! I don't know about PS1, but the PS3 controllers each cost more than this entire console!

Using Bleemsync, you can "mod" the classic to run any Playstation image, and it includes Retroarch, so you can also play NES, SNES, etc... games as well. It's a very slick set up.

Reactions: bit_user
Status
Not open for further replies.