Remnants of Vista?

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
A very teeny tiny detail that may have been overlooked in development. I'll see if any of you can see it in these screenshots, the taskbar one should be rather obvious... -edit- "nevermind I don't know how to get images onto TH from my computer so I'll just tell you". But anyways. If you right click on the taskbar and select "properties" do you see the icon that represents that window!!! Yeah, it's a Vista taskbar. and when you use Windows Explorer on the left pane where you can navigate your computer using the trees, the icon the represents the "desktop" is a Vista desktop as well. Rather strange, I found a bit humorous. Also kind of stemming off of the Windows Explorer. Is anyone else annoyed by how white the window is? Like you can't see the bars the divide panes at all or the top bar for commonly used tasks isn't as defined as it was in Vista.

TheViper

Distinguished
Good catch. I checked it myself and you're correct...it's the Vista taskbar being displayed. Maybe that feature was finalized before the taskbar design was finalized and they had to use the Vista icon.

Thankfully it's not a big issue that got by the Q&A team.

Windows Explorer looks OK on my monitor. Definitely bright if the room is dark but I can see the faint blue separation lines OK.