[SOLVED] Remote access windows 10 pc

Hey guys i was wondering if there was a program like team viewer free but didn't alert the remote system to being accessed?

I have built 2 pc's for the young one's, however i can't seem to get them to stop getting them infected they like to mess around and remove anti virus's and stuff and i'm wanting to start catching whoever it is in the act. Yeah yeah yeah use parental controls and this that and the other, well i promise you my parental contols will only need to be instituted once and there wont be a need to make everyone else suffer if it's just one kid doing it, if it's just the one. otherwise no one will be happy in the end....

Solution
That's the problem I would like it if the kids that aren't causing the issue didnt have to suffer. They were made for them to download and install games the problem is one kid in particular wants to keep installing a pirated game they're friend gave them, however in order for him to do so they have to uninstall the $200 anti virus and install a bunch of third party emulators and crap... And somewhere down the line is installing a virus with all of it, but magically it's a game that just keeps appearing on the pc no one knows what game it is or where it came from.... But there both brand new builds no used parts... So can't tell me it just magically installed itself when the first thing installed on that pc was the anti virus before...

Ralston18

Titan
Do not worry about "catching whoever it is".

Lock down the devices they have access to with the full force and power of whatever admin rights and parental controls you deem applicable.

No software installs allowed. No rights to disable AV software, etc. etc..

Hold your ground.

At some point all the screaming and crying will, hopefully, end.

And, if not, pull the pc's.

Been there, done that......

Our younger family members think that they "broke the internet". :)

Proactive, not reactive.

The kids don't have admin rights = can't install something.
That's the problem I would like it if the kids that aren't causing the issue didnt have to suffer. They were made for them to download and install games the problem is one kid in particular wants to keep installing a pirated game they're friend gave them, however in order for him to do so they have to uninstall the $200 anti virus and install a bunch of third party emulators and crap... And somewhere down the line is installing a virus with all of it, but magically it's a game that just keeps appearing on the pc no one knows what game it is or where it came from.... But there both brand new builds no used parts... So can't tell me it just magically installed itself when the first thing installed on that pc was the anti virus before even any updates.

USAFRet

Titan
That's the problem I would like it if the kids that aren't causing the issue didnt have to suffer. They were made for them to download and install games the problem is one kid in particular wants to keep installing a pirated game they're friend gave them, however in order for him to do so they have to uninstall the $200 anti virus and install a bunch of third party emulators and crap... And somewhere down the line is installing a virus with all of it, but magically it's a game that just keeps appearing on the pc no one knows what game it is or where it came from.... But there both brand new builds no used parts... So can't tell me it just magically installed itself when the first thing installed on that pc was the anti virus before even any updates.
This is as much a social problem as it is a technical problem.

(dad voice)
"Dude! Don't do this again or else...."

It didn't just 'appear'. Someone did it, and he knows he did it...;)

This then becomes a teaching moment in cyber security.

Hey guys i was wondering if there was a program like team viewer free but didn't alert the remote system to being accessed?

I have built 2 pc's for the young one's, however i can't seem to get them to stop getting them infected they like to mess around and remove anti virus's and stuff and i'm wanting to start catching whoever it is in the act. Yeah yeah yeah use parental controls and this that and the other, well i promise you my parental contols will only need to be instituted once and there wont be a need to make everyone else suffer if it's just one kid doing it, if it's just the one. otherwise no one will be happy in the end....

Give each kid a non privileged standard account, each with their own password.

Log them into google and lock them down inside chrome using Google's family link. (Will prevent them from using Youtube and turning off search filters)

Use a quality anti virus that allows you to remotely monitor when it gets deactivated like BitDefender.

Use BitDefender's family controls. Or use Disney Circle. Bit Defender box will allow you to assign devices to a specific person and limit web traffic on that device to certain categories and hours.

These are all methods I use for my two boys.

If you need help with any of these methods, let me know.

However I cannot in good conscious give you a means to spy on someone without notifying them. Such power can be abused.

Reactions: white.a.drew

That's easy enough. Look at the file install dates for the game and figure out who was on the PC at that time. I might be able to write you power shell script that constantly looks for said file and then writes the login ID to a file of the person who installed it. The problem being it would slow down your system to a crawl while it executes. So it would only execute every so many minutes.

Last edited:
Solution
That's easy enough. Look at the file install dates for the game and figure out who was on the PC at that time. I might be able to write you power shell script that constantly looks for said file and then writes the login ID to a file of the person who installed it. The problem being it would slow down your system to a crawl while it executes. So it would only execute every so many minutes.

Thank you i like this idea to it also works never thought about that. It's always the simple things people over look.... ;/

Give each kid a non privileged standard account, each with their own password.

Log them into google and lock them down inside chrome using Google's family link. (Will prevent them from using Youtube and turning off search filters)

Use a quality anti virus that allows you to remotely monitor when it gets deactivated like BitDefender.

Use BitDefender's family controls. Or use Disney Circle. Bit Defender box will allow you to assign devices to a specific person and limit web traffic on that device to certain categories and hours.

These are all methods I use for my two boys.

If you need help with any of these methods, let me know.

However I cannot in good conscious give you a means to spy on someone without notifying them. Such power can be abused.
Bitdeffender is a secondart anti virus that gets installed and paid for that gets unistalled as well I didn't know it can tell me when it's getting uninstalled though.... So I just link it to my pc and theyre pc? Or do I have to enable things?