Remote administration of linksys g router

JJ

I am setting up a linksys g network on a cable modem.
One 4 port wireless router, two wireless clients and 5 wired clients on a 8
port netgear switch plugged into the router.
what would be the best and safest way to troubleshoot and administer it
remotely.

Don't feel like driving across town every time someone has a problem ?

Thanks

JJ

On Thu, 27 May 2004 11:33:31 -0400, JJ spoketh

>I am setting up a linksys g network on a cable modem.
>One 4 port wireless router, two wireless clients and 5 wired clients on a 8
>port netgear switch plugged into the router.
> what would be the best and safest way to troubleshoot and administer it
>remotely.
>
>Don't feel like driving across town every time someone has a problem ?
>
>Thanks
>
>JJ

VPN.

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

JJ

Ok VPN is there a favorite vpn software or is this included within windows ?

How about checking and changing the settings on the router itself ? I
believe telnet is an option, is that safe to have that enabled with a strong
password or is there something better ?

Thanks