Remote Assistance via e-mail

ewa

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2004

Hi All,

I use Windows XP PRO SP1.

I use Outlook Express 6 which is my default e-mail program.
(I haven't installed any other e-mail program)
I have an e-mail account with one alias.
I've been using it for years.

When I try to get Remote Assistance, after clicking
"Invite someone to help you" I get the information:
"Program Outlook Express is not configured".
After clicking the bar: "Configure Program Outlook
Express" nothing happens.

What should I do?

Regards
Ewa

ewa

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2004

Hi again,

> "Program Outlook Express is not configured".
> After clicking the bar: "Configure Program Outlook
> Express" nothing happens.
Sorry, it was my translation. I don't use an English version of XP.
I should have written:
"Program Outlook Express is not set up".
When I try to use the option: "Set up Outlook Express" - nothing happens.

I've just found the article Q299282 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299282/EN-US/).
It describes symptoms like mine but in the case of using MSN Explorer or
America Online. But I DO use the Outlook Express.

Your help will be very much appreciated.:)

Regards
Ewa

TRENDING THREADS