Remote Desktop Connection locks up

Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem using Remote Desktop Connection on an XP
Pro machine. The host computer is on Verizon DSL with a linksys
router and ZoneAlarm running.

I can connect to the machine and use it without problems from my
office, and also when dialed into an isp from a hotel.

However, when I try to connect via my Moms computer or my Aunts
computer (both running XP pro on Comcast from two different houses), I
get the login prompt, am able to login and I can see the desktop load.
However, at this point it locks up - ie, any keypresses or mouse
clicks result in just a 'beep' and the click is never registered on
the host machine.

I figure it must be something with the comcast network, but I can't
imaging what the problem may be that it allows a connection, a login,
but no interaction once logged in?!?

Any help?

ThX!

There is a fix 811080 that is not exactly your problem. Possibly it is
another manifestation of the same issue? Sorry I can't be of more help.

"Alex Ferguson" <ajf3_net@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a strange problem using Remote Desktop Connection on an XP
> Pro machine. The host computer is on Verizon DSL with a linksys
> router and ZoneAlarm running.
>
> I can connect to the machine and use it without problems from my
> office, and also when dialed into an isp from a hotel.
>
> However, when I try to connect via my Moms computer or my Aunts
> computer (both running XP pro on Comcast from two different houses), I
> get the login prompt, am able to login and I can see the desktop load.
> However, at this point it locks up - ie, any keypresses or mouse
> clicks result in just a 'beep' and the click is never registered on
> the host machine.
>
> I figure it must be something with the comcast network, but I can't
> imaging what the problem may be that it allows a connection, a login,
> but no interaction once logged in?!?
>
> Any help?
>
> ThX!

TRENDING THREADS