Remote Desktop when someone else using the PC

Hi,

I connect to my PC from work using Remote Desktop. Lately I've been getting
a message similar to "User(Name) is logged on to this PC, if you connect
they will be disconnected, do you wish to continue."
The other User is working locally, not remotely.
I'm not sure if this is a SP2 thing or not, or whether I need to change a
setting so we can both use the PC.
Grateful for anyone to point me in the right direction!
Regards

"SW" <SW@Not-Spam-Not.COM> wrote in message

> I connect to my PC from work using Remote Desktop. Lately I've been
> getting a message similar to "User(Name) is logged on to this PC, if
> you connect they will be disconnected, do you wish to continue."
> The other User is working locally, not remotely.
> I'm not sure if this is a SP2 thing or not, or whether I need to
> change a setting so we can both use the PC.

You cannot have two sessions simultaneously on XP. So if someone is using
the local console, no-one can have an RDP session, and if someone has an RDP
session, any attempt to use the local console will log out the RDP session.

--
Robin Walker
rdhw@cam.ac.uk

"Robin Walker" <rdhw@cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
> "SW" <SW@Not-Spam-Not.COM> wrote in message
>>
>> I connect to my PC from work using Remote Desktop. Lately I've been
>> getting a message similar to "User(Name) is logged on to this PC, if
>> you connect they will be disconnected, do you wish to continue."
>> The other User is working locally, not remotely.
>> I'm not sure if this is a SP2 thing or not, or whether I need to
>> change a setting so we can both use the PC.
>
> You cannot have two sessions simultaneously on XP. So if someone is using
> the local console, no-one can have an RDP session, and if someone has an
> RDP session, any attempt to use the local console will log out the RDP
> session.
>
> --
> Robin Walker
> rdhw@cam.ac.uk

Yes, I see what you mean. The message said the current user would be
"disconnected" but what actually happens is the same as Switching Users.

Ta