Remote Desktop-without logging current user off

I am a network administrator. Is there a way I can connect via Remote desktop
with the current user of the other computer still able to use the computer?

No.

There are methods which will let you do this, but involve things that are
not supported or endorsed by Microsoft.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"pendragon_fan" <pendragon_fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a network administrator. Is there a way I can connect via Remote
>desktop
> with the current user of the other computer still able to use the
> computer?

As Matt noted that is not normally supported with Remote Desktop... There is a shadow function that
may work for you...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279656

If this is a "Help Desk" function you could also look into using Remote Assistance...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/remoteassist/intro.mspx

You can even "offer" assistance since your in a domain environment...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301527
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310629
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306496

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"pendragon_fan" <pendragon_fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a network administrator. Is there a way I can connect via Remote desktop
> with the current user of the other computer still able to use the computer?

Correction... That should read...

"You can even "offer" assistance if your in a domain environment..."