hello ive just got used to how to get the remote d.t working but i can only
connect from my laptop (xp home) to my desktop (xp mce 2005) but i sometimes
need to do it the other way round my desktop to my laptop but when i go to
control panel - system - and go to remote setting there is no option my my
laptop to be able to receive invitation to use remote d.t so is there a thing
to download which will make me able to connect to my home edition laptop
remotely?
i dont no if the specs matter but ill put them on anyway:
laptop
intel centrino 1.4ghz
512 ram
60gb hd
xp home

desktop
amd 64 3400+
512mb ram
80gb hard drive
xp media centre 2005
--
james kirk

You need to use a third-party application if you want to remotely
access/control a XP Home PC. I use and recommend UltraVNC for that purpose.

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"jameskirk73" <james.kirk73@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> hello ive just got used to how to get the remote d.t working but i can
> only
> connect from my laptop (xp home) to my desktop (xp mce 2005) but i
> sometimes
> need to do it the other way round my desktop to my laptop but when i go to
> control panel - system - and go to remote setting there is no option my my
> laptop to be able to receive invitation to use remote d.t so is there a
> thing
> to download which will make me able to connect to my home edition laptop
> remotely?
> i dont no if the specs matter but ill put them on anyway:
> laptop
> intel centrino 1.4ghz
> 512 ram
> 60gb hd
> xp home
>
> desktop
> amd 64 3400+
> 512mb ram
> 80gb hard drive
> xp media centre 2005
> --
> james kirk

great thanks does it have to be installed on both pcs or just home

thanks
--
james kirk

"Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

> You need to use a third-party application if you want to remotely
> access/control a XP Home PC. I use and recommend UltraVNC for that purpose.
>
> http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>

> "jameskirk73" <james.kirk73@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > hello ive just got used to how to get the remote d.t working but i can
> > only
> > connect from my laptop (xp home) to my desktop (xp mce 2005) but i
> > sometimes
> > need to do it the other way round my desktop to my laptop but when i go to
> > control panel - system - and go to remote setting there is no option my my
> > laptop to be able to receive invitation to use remote d.t so is there a
> > thing
> > to download which will make me able to connect to my home edition laptop
> > remotely?
> > i dont no if the specs matter but ill put them on anyway:
> > laptop
> > intel centrino 1.4ghz
> > 512 ram
> > 60gb hd
> > xp home
> >
> > desktop
> > amd 64 3400+
> > 512mb ram
> > 80gb hard drive
> > xp media centre 2005
> > --
> > james kirk

The server gets installed on the XP Home box and the client on the machine
you want to control the XP Home box from...

--

> great thanks does it have to be installed on both pcs or just home
>
> thanks
> --
> james kirk
>

> "Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You need to use a third-party application if you want to remotely
>> access/control a XP Home PC. I use and recommend UltraVNC for that
>> purpose.
>>
>> http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> --
>>
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>> benefit of all of us...
>> rights...
>>

>> "jameskirk73" <james.kirk73@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> > hello ive just got used to how to get the remote d.t working but i can
>> > only
>> > connect from my laptop (xp home) to my desktop (xp mce 2005) but i
>> > sometimes
>> > need to do it the other way round my desktop to my laptop but when i go
>> > control panel - system - and go to remote setting there is no option my
>> > my
>> > laptop to be able to receive invitation to use remote d.t so is there a
>> > thing
>> > to download which will make me able to connect to my home edition
>> > laptop
>> > remotely?
>> > i dont no if the specs matter but ill put them on anyway:
>> > laptop
>> > intel centrino 1.4ghz
>> > 512 ram
>> > 60gb hd