Question Remote installation of the workstation

Aug 22, 2020
I am considering to make a new high-end workstation at my home especially for rendering (AMD and Nvidia based), but I won't dislike to run some games as well. However, because of heating and fan-noise reasons, I would like to place my workstation in a different part of my house than my desk (i.e. another room or even in the basement).

I would like to have on my desk only the two monitors, webcam, speakers, headset, mouse & keyboard, a usb hub with direct connection to my workstation (no remote desktop). How can I connect all these parts to my (far-away) workstation? I've read that there are active HDMI and USB cables, however I need to have a very large pipeline if I have to use individual active cables for each device.

Do you have some advice related to this type of installation? Is there some sort of LAN-based device where I can connect all my devices?

You could build a dumb terminal basically and connect via remote desktop. I use my laptop to connect to my render machine in another room. Then I can also just minimize the remote desktop and use my laptop to do other stuff while that machine chugs away at a blender render or something.