[SOLVED] Remote Resolution alternative to RDP.

Oct 24, 2019
My local computer is running at 2560x1440, my remote computer can't support more than 1920x1080. I am looking for a software that will allow me to switch to 2560x1440 when i start a remote session. RDP does this automatically, but I cannot use it for a different reason. Looking for a free alternative. As far as I know, teamviewer, jumpdesktop do not support this.

Solution
Sounds like there is a break in connection along the route, as the computer itself doesn't care how the data is being transferred, as long as it's available, but we will get there (as the 5g network grows).
As to your original question, I am not sure. Splashtop might, but it then again it may have the same limitations as TeamViewer. The options they list are:

1. Native resolution of remote computer - no change to remote computer resolution, may have black bars show
  2. Best fit to client computer - adjusts remote computer resolution to the same aspect ratio as the local computer, icons may not move back
  3. 1024x768 - adjusts remote computer resolution to 1024x768, icons may not move back
  4. 800x600 - adjusts...
Sounds like there is a break in connection along the route, as the computer itself doesn't care how the data is being transferred, as long as it's available, but we will get there (as the 5g network grows).
As to your original question, I am not sure. Splashtop might, but it then again it may have the same limitations as TeamViewer. The options they list are:

1. Native resolution of remote computer - no change to remote computer resolution, may have black bars show
  2. Best fit to client computer - adjusts remote computer resolution to the same aspect ratio as the local computer, icons may not move back
  3. 1024x768 - adjusts remote computer resolution to 1024x768, icons may not move back
  4. 800x600 - adjusts remote computer resolution to 800x600, icons may not move back

Solution

TRENDING THREADS