[SOLVED] Remote To RGB Fans Not Working

May 7, 2020
Hello I purchased these fans a while back (UpHere RGB Fans), and after about 3 months of having them installed the remote to change the colors suddenly stopped working. I've tried changing the batteries and updating various drivers on my custom pc. I had someone else build it for me, so I would prefer not to mess with wiring, but would like to know what the problem is. The remote lights up, and i've tried various angles to no success. The fans work perfectly fine however. Is there a way to change the colors through the pc instead of the remote? Thanks for any feedback on the issue.

I think the remotes driver is named the SATA AHCI controller and I also had multiple ACPI Fan drivers if that helps

Solution
Don't see full details or connections on those fans, without their included remote you would need to connect them to another RGB controller like from your motherboard. If they are 3 months old, contact support for them or Amazon returns. If they were capable of being controlled through another way there would be two cords on the fans, one going to power, the other to the RGB controller.

Drivers on your PC has nothing to do with the remote, it's not attached to the computer it just controls the fans through the box they are connected to. SATA AHCI is for the disk controller not anything to do with the fans.
Don't see full details or connections on those fans, without their included remote you would need to connect them to another RGB controller like from your motherboard. If they are 3 months old, contact support for them or Amazon returns. If they were capable of being controlled through another way there would be two cords on the fans, one going to power, the other to the RGB controller.

Drivers on your PC has nothing to do with the remote, it's not attached to the computer it just controls the fans through the box they are connected to. SATA AHCI is for the disk controller not anything to do with the fans.

Solution
May 7, 2020
Don't see full details or connections on those fans, without their included remote you would need to connect them to another RGB controller like from your motherboard.

Ah thank you, i'll probably leave them be then, its a bummer I cant change the colors anymore, but do you possibly know the reason as the why the remote suddenly stopped working? Is there a way to make the remote work again? If I have to mess around with the wiring i'll probably just deal with it. Wouldn't want to mess anything up. Thanks!

Ah thank you, i'll probably leave them be then, its a bummer I cant change the colors anymore, but do you possibly know the reason as the why the remote suddenly stopped working? Is there a way to make the remote work again? If I have to mess around with the wiring i'll probably just deal with it. Wouldn't want to mess anything up. Thanks!

Those things are fairly cheaply made, things just fail. Could be the remote, could be the receiver on the hub that went bad, maybe even the fact that the remote is fine but the RGB controller died, really no way to tell.