[SOLVED] Remotely play PC on a laptop

Oct 21, 2019
Hey there ! I'd like to know if there is a way to use my gaming rig with my laptop. Say I'm away form home, and I wan't to play a game. I just power up my laptop, remotely turn on my gaming PC and play. Kinda like GeforceNow but free since I already have a PC at home. The laptop is a 12' MacBook form 2015 running macOS Catalina and the gaming rig is running Windows 10 Pro. If you guys need any more informations, please ask me ! Sorry about my English, I am going to make some mistakes as I am French.. Thank's for your help :D

Solution
Well problem solved, I tried moonlight and it surprisingly works very well ! You will need an Nvidia graphics card on the host PC and a decent internet connection on both sides but It works pretty good with a solid 1080p gaming experience, with very little to no latencies. The only downside is you need your gaming rig to be always on when you are away. Anyway thank's for helping me out ! Here is the tutorial that helped me set it up :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b2roS262RA
Such streaming services are not free, because they take an infrastructure of servers and fairly high end spec to stream it to you. The next such service will be Google's Stadia, and although it has the potential to be one of the best, if not the best, they've yet to divulge all the details as far as cost to consumer. They claim it can be used free at 1080p, but then they tell you a well over $100 equipment bundle is required just to play. Plus there's not many games in it's library yet.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019
Thank’s for your answer! But I already have my own PC with my own games on it, I don’t need to stream form Google or Nvidia’s servers, I want to strem my own PC. What I need is a program that can wake on lan my computer and stream it on my macbook. I’ve seen something called Moonlight that can do just that, if you have an nvidia card. I’ll try it out and keep you guys updated if anyone is interested in that.

The latency would be way to high to have a good experience, unfortunately.

Most services like steam game streaming only work when the pcs are on the same network.

I have used steam game streaming b4. I streamed games from my gaming pc to a linux laptop just a few feet from my pc over wifi and the experience was just ok, not great. Tons of compression artifacts and occasional slowdown occurred.

Oct 21, 2019
Well problem solved, I tried moonlight and it surprisingly works very well ! You will need an Nvidia graphics card on the host PC and a decent internet connection on both sides but It works pretty good with a solid 1080p gaming experience, with very little to no latencies. The only downside is you need your gaming rig to be always on when you are away. Anyway thank's for helping me out ! Here is the tutorial that helped me set it up :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b2roS262RA

Solution