Removal of automatic search discriptions

Hi all,
When I type a search discription like "cars" or (a game) "Bioforge" in Ebay
or Altavista it remembers it for a later time and its quite good untill you
get 40 or more with a scroll bar to select....
How do you remove all thoes remembered choices from ages ago?????

Is it a reg. edit

Thanks Shaun B

Steps to remove (WinXP SP2)

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete (button) > Clear
Forms (button)

--
Michael

"Michael T" <anonymous@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Steps to remove (WinXP SP2)
>
> Go to Tools > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete (button) > Clear
> Forms (button)
>
> --
> Michael

And don't forget to restart Internet Explorer after making the change.

Yeaaahhh at last thanks Michael

"Shaun B" <fairmontxabc@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> When I type a search discription like "cars" or (a game) "Bioforge" in
Ebay
> or Altavista it remembers it for a later time and its quite good untill
you
> get 40 or more with a scroll bar to select....
> How do you remove all thoes remembered choices from ages ago?????
>
> Is it a reg. edit
>
> Thanks Shaun B

Hi Shaun,

To modify your settings for the AutoComplete feature or clear all items from
the list of form or password suggestions, follow these steps in Internet
Explorer:

1.On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2.Click the Content tab.
3.Click AutoComplete.
4.Click the appropriate AutoComplete check boxes, or click Clear Forms or
Clear Passwords to clear all saved items from the appropriate AutoComplete
history.
5.Click OK, and then click OK.

To clear individual items from the list of form or password suggestions,
click the item in the list of suggestions for that field and then press
DELETE. The AutoComplete list automatically appears when you perform any of
the following actions on a previously populated form:

* Type the first character in the field
* Press the UP or DOWN keys in the field
* Double-click a blank area in the field

Source:
How to use the AutoComplete feature in Internet Explorer 5 and 6:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217148

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User