Remove all resident Microsoft games from Windows XP Pro

I have 4 new computers coming into an industrial environment on a new
machine. I want to remove all of the resident Microsoft computers games that
come with Windows XP.

Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

Chrobot wrote:
> I have 4 new computers coming into an industrial environment on a new
> machine. I want to remove all of the resident Microsoft computers games that
> come with Windows XP.

That's OK with us; it's standard practice in a professional/corporate
environment. Go right ahead and remove the games.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Who is "us"?

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

> Chrobot wrote:
> > I have 4 new computers coming into an industrial environment on a new
> > machine. I want to remove all of the resident Microsoft computers games
that
> > come with Windows XP.
>

> That's OK with us; it's standard practice in a professional/corporate
> environment. Go right ahead and remove the games.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

zeran

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Procedures for Configuration of Internet Games on Windows XP

The following procedures describe:

*

How to use Control Panel to remove Internet games from an individual computer running Windows XP with SP2.
*

How to exclude Internet games during unattended installation of Windows XP with SP2 by using an answer file.

To Remove Games from Windows XP Through Control Panel

1.

Click Start, and then either click Control Panel, or point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
2.

Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3.

Click Add/Remove Windows Components (on the left).
4.

Select Accessories and Utilities, and then click Details.
5.

Select Games, and then click Details.
6.

From the Games dialog box, clear the check boxes for the games that you want to remove from the installation.

There is a single check box for all the Internet games. If any Internet games are removed, all are removed.
7.

Follow the instructions to complete the Windows Components Wizard.

B1957

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
I have followed the recommended procedure numerous times, but Freecell just keeps reappearing. I've tried deleting the executable file also, but it just reappears. I have checked the box, unchecked the box, every possible configuration. I wouldn't worry about it except that the boss said "Get rid of it!" Wish I knew how!

harryblue954

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

I have 4 new computers coming into an industrial environment on a new
machine. I want to remove all of the resident Microsoft computers games that
come with Windows XP.
it's all in add & remove just uninstall them ;)

B1957

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012

Yes! I know! But what do you do when that DOESN'T WORK? I have uninstalled them, deleted the .exe file, and it just comes right back about ten seconds later. I wouldn't worry about it except that these computers are in an industrial control system and the boss wants them (the games) GONE. I need to keep him happy!

harryblue954

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
here u r Remove Windows Xp | remove-windows-xp.fix-kit.com
remove-windows-xp.fix-kit.com/
(Recommended) Remove Windows Xp. + Remove Windows Xp Repair Tool.

+ Diagnose & Repair Computer Errors
-
+ Increase PC Speed & Performance

;)