Remove drives from SendTo Menu ?

Hi all !

I can't find a way to remove the removable drives (floppy, CD-ROM,
and in my case hard drives too) from the SendTo menu. As you might
know, WinXP automagically adds all removable drives to the SendTo
menu, and does this dynamically.

I tried everything :
There are NO entries in \Document And Settings\<User>\SendTo
There are NO entries in \Document And Settings\Default User\SendTo
There are NO entries in \Document And Settings\All Users\SendTo

I found postings about adding a DWORD registry entry named
NoDrivesInSendToMenu with a value of "1" under
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer.
This does NOT work (and the "Explorer" key is not present in
"Policies". Creating it does not help.)
I tried to add the same DWORD under
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer,
and it does not work either.

Does anybody know if there is a way to get rid of those removable
drives ???

Thanks a lot for helping me !

Arnaud

In regedit, find key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

and add a DWORD value NoDrivesInSendToMenu with a value of 1.

--
Activision
Activision's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=5425

Activision wrote:
> In regedit, find key
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
>
> and add a DWORD value NoDrivesInSendToMenu with a value of 1.

Thanks for answering, but did you read my post ?
Let me quote my orginal post : "I found postings about adding a
DWORD registry entry named
NoDrivesInSendToMenu with a value of "1" under
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer.
This does NOT work (and the "Explorer" key is not present in
"Policies". Creating it does not help.)
I tried to add the same DWORD under
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer,
and it does not work either."

TRENDING THREADS