Question Remove factory OC from AMD radeon card

• Thread starter Deleted member 1710009
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1710009

I suppose the factory OC (Overclock) could be causing crashes in my system. It happens to me in a Nvidia card (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG), and I fixed activating the debug mode in Nvidia control panel settings.
I don't know how to do it in an AMD Radeon card. Specifically is an AMD Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX580 8G OC.
Hope you can tell some settings similar to debug mode from Nvidia or something to underclock to the base card.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
We might be able to help more if you tell us the spec of the entire system.

In a very general sense, crashes due to GPU can be heat related, power related, driver related, or simply a failing card.

In the case that you think a GPU OC is causing crashes logically follows to heat and power in my mind. Might be worthwhile to undervolt the card and see if the crashes resolve. This is a guess based on the information you did provide. More details can only help.

D

Deleted member 1710009

We might be able to help more if you tell us the spec of the entire system.

In a very general sense, crashes due to GPU can be heat related, power related, driver related, or simply a failing card.

In the case that you think a GPU OC is causing crashes logically follows to heat and power in my mind. Might be worthwhile to undervolt the card and see if the crashes resolve. This is a guess based on the information you did provide. More details can only help.

The GPU was built with an i7 4790k (Asus Z97 pro gamer), 16gb 1866mhz, SSD 250 and a PSU of 550w (Seasonic).
I think is the GPU because I tested in another PC (Ryzen 2700x) with similar issues.
How can I undervolt the card? With MSI Afterburner?