Baxter

I have a PC that able boot to Win98 and WinXP. The Win98 is in C drive and
WinXP is in D drive. My C drive does not respond now and I think it had
hardware failure. Now it does not boot. Even though I connect the D drive as
master and remove C drive. What can I do to just boot to WinXP?

Go to Start
Right click My Computer and select properties,
Click advanced tab,
Under Startup and Recovery, click the Settings button,
Click Edit,
Expand to full screen and delete the extra line under operating systems,
Back out to the desktop and Reboot.

"baxter" <baxter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a PC that able boot to Win98 and WinXP. The Win98 is in C drive and
> WinXP is in D drive. My C drive does not respond now and I think it had
> hardware failure. Now it does not boot. Even though I connect the D drive
> as
> master and remove C drive. What can I do to just boot to WinXP?

Maybe you should re-read the post...........The computer will not boot...as
in start....as in not running....no operating system.
peterk

"Squire" <jerrym526@cablenet.com> wrote in message
> Go to Start
> Right click My Computer and select properties,
> Click advanced tab,
> Under Startup and Recovery, click the Settings button,
> Click Edit,
> Expand to full screen and delete the extra line under operating systems,
> Back out to the desktop and Reboot.
>
> "baxter" <baxter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a PC that able boot to Win98 and WinXP. The Win98 is in C drive and
>> WinXP is in D drive. My C drive does not respond now and I think it had
>> hardware failure. Now it does not boot. Even though I connect the D drive
>> as
>> master and remove C drive. What can I do to just boot to WinXP?

The easiest way would be to just run the XP CD as if your doing a new
installation but do a "repair" installation.
This will place the necesary boot files on the drive.Here are 2 websites to
look at for instructions.

http://tinyurl.com/1h7d

peterk