Remove old network adapters

I had to remove and re-install my network adapter a few times. I now have
as adapter #3. During this, it also cause the "Local Area Connection" to go
up to number 7. How can I re-set this?

BTW: I can not remove the previous 2 adapters in Device Manager. They do
not show up in the device list, even when I select "Show hidden device" and
in "Safe Mode".

--
Y.

Yves,

I remember reading how to do that in this newsgroup in the last year. If
you got some spare time try a search in the hardware newsgroup. If you
find it repost it please (or if you find it elsewhere) as I lost the link
myself.

r.

>I had to remove and re-install my network adapter a few times. I now have
>as adapter #3. During this, it also cause the "Local Area Connection" to
>go up to number 7. How can I re-set this?
>
> BTW: I can not remove the previous 2 adapters in Device Manager. They do
> not show up in the device list, even when I select "Show hidden device"
> and in "Safe Mode".
>
> --
> Y.

If there are no other problems with your setup, just live with it...
Just rename the "Local area connection"'s to whatever you like,
for example "my office LAN".
-PA

Yves Leclerc wrote:
> I had to remove and re-install my network adapter a few times. I now
> have as adapter #3. During this, it also cause the "Local Area
> Connection" to go up to number 7. How can I re-set this?
>
> BTW: I can not remove the previous 2 adapters in Device Manager.
> They do not show up in the device list, even when I select "Show
> hidden device" and in "Safe Mode".

If you really mind this (and don't want to just rename the display name to
what you wish), you can remove the old entries in the registry. I personally
wouldn't bother unless you're having major problems....