Remove psu from case

dodoibanescu

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
So i have this case:

http://www.pcgarage.ro/carcase/spacer/galaxy-500w-black/

I want to buy a new psu for my new video card and i want to know if i can remove the "integrated" psu from the case with another one

For the moment, i dont really have access to my computer and thats why im asking here as i cant see it for myself. Thank you in advance!

Solution
Of course the PSU is removable, it's not really "integrated", it's simply included with the case as opposed to most system builder's cases where you have to buy the PSU separately.

Should be four screws securing it to the back panel of the case as with most other desktop cases.

However, as previous poster has pointed out, those screw holes in the case may have non-standard positions instead of them being standard ATX positions, in which case you would have to drill new holes to match up with the screw holes in your new PSU. Very unlikely though if existing PSU is standard ATX spec.

Max1s

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I would guess that there's just a standard ATX-size power supply in there. It MIGHT be a different size, in which case you'd probably have to either drill new holes for your new PSU or just have it resting on the bottom of the case (or cabletie it somewhere).

It seems like that case isn't widely sold, so I couldn't find any english language information on it...

ava3a13

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
Sure you can, that's just a gift from manufacturer nothing more. Good luck with your build friend!
Your case width is 17cm, and most of ATX PSU-s have 15-16, So it would easily fit. And as said above by
, there is a small chance manufacturer would change holes.

Of course the PSU is removable, it's not really "integrated", it's simply included with the case as opposed to most system builder's cases where you have to buy the PSU separately.

Should be four screws securing it to the back panel of the case as with most other desktop cases.

However, as previous poster has pointed out, those screw holes in the case may have non-standard positions instead of them being standard ATX positions, in which case you would have to drill new holes to match up with the screw holes in your new PSU. Very unlikely though if existing PSU is standard ATX spec.

Solution