Question Remove RAID setup from Win 10 already installed

Jun 9, 2020
I just installed Win 10 Pro onto a machine that had Win 10 educational prior- a clean install. I have a C system drive and a 3-drive array setup as a single D: drive, consisting of 3 3TB single drives. I set this up 6 years ago and have no memory of what I did at that time but at present it shows up as 8+TB, so must have been RAID 0 . I want to reset the drive(s) as a RAID that will give me the fastest I/O without a need for backup/security (everything is backed up elsewhere) and don't need to retain any of the data currently on that drive set. Can someone give me a step by step? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
Don't have a good answer - three drives in the box that I want to use for a RAID with fastest I/O (I do 4K and above video). Is there a better option?
A MUCH better option is a solid state drive.
Faster than any HDD RAID 0.

But if you must do it with HDD, and you understand the significant risks of the RAID 0...only do it with a dedicated RAID card. Not any software/motherboard RAID.

Jun 9, 2020
Well I had the RAID working fine for the past 5 years with the same hardware, so I think I will go with the same option for now. No plans to buy an SSD. Just need an answer to my original posting.