[SOLVED] Remove upright on Philips 326E8FJSB

orgetorix

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
I purchased two of there monitors to use as a VESA mounted dual display. According to the Tom's review, "The upright is already attached, so you’ll have to remove it before using third-party hardware for mounting with the four 100mm VESA lugs."

How do you remove the upright? I cannot figure it out and don't want to remove the protective plastic if I am going to try to return.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
I purchased two of there monitors to use as a VESA mounted dual display. According to the Tom's review, "The upright is already attached, so you’ll have to remove it before using third-party hardware for mounting with the four 100mm VESA lugs."

How do you remove the upright? I cannot figure it out and don't want to remove the protective plastic if I am going to try to return.
What does the user manual say?

orgetorix

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
It doesn't say anything. In fact, the only documentation included was warranty information and a quick start guide. I tried to find a manual online and there was no mention there either.

I figured that since there are mounting holes, and the review mentioned it, there must be a way to remove that upright.

orgetorix

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
Thanks for your help. The specific model is Philips 326E8FJSB. Here are a few photos:

1. Looking at the bottom of he monitor where the stand attaches. That square bit seems to be a toggle switch.

2. A top down view of the back.

3. A side view of where the upright attaches.

4. And finally, the sticker with the model info.

orgetorix

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
There are definitely no other screw holes. I think I might try to separate the case and see if I can get to it that way. Thanks fopr your help.

Jan 11, 2020
Just for an update, Philips support got back to me and said that I do indeed need to pry the back off.
Hi, I just purchased three of these monitors, trying to mount them on a triple array VESA stand, and I am in exact same situation. Can you please share exactly how you removed your default stand? Thanks.

G

orgetorix

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
Hi. I'm sorry to report that I never got the backs off. I tried for quite a while and after damaging the plastic a bit on one of them, decided to just cut off the base as close to the monitor as I could. It's not perfect, but serviceable. I wrote back to Philips twice to get more guidance, but they never replied.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS