Remove yellow update shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
I am unable to get rid of the yellow update shield. It tells me to install "security update for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86(KB2446704)". Idid this but the shield keeps on coming back and tells me the same thing. Please help!!! Ockie.

G

This topic has been moved from the section Forum Feedback to section Applications by Grumpy9117

daveed12vas

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Hello,
I am unable to get rid of the yellow update shield. It tells me to install "security update for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86(KB2446704)". Idid this but the shield keeps on coming back and tells me the same thing. Please help!!! Ockie.

Maybe this will help... click Start, click Control Panel, and click Windows Security Center. Now in the Windows Security Center window there should be an option to: Change the way Security Center alerts me. Click on it. This opens your Alert Settings window. Now uncheck the box for Automatic Updates and click Ok. And you should have that troublesome shield removed. - I hope this helps. I'm new to this computer stuff, but I had the same problem once -

Status
Not open for further replies.