Removed CPU; all of a sudden "not supported"

saturnalia

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Hey all, have an AMD FX-8350 that is supported by my motherboard - updated it a few months ago and it's been working fine. Had an FX-8370 around I thought was also compatible. Changed it out tonight, started it up, got the incompatible message, then took it out and put the 8350 back in. Reset BIOS. Now when I start up every time it tells me it's not compatible. Well, I know for a fact it is. What's going on here?

Solution
Cheap straight out swap would be the 78lmt-usb 3 which is virtually the same board but with USB 3 & an upgraded vrm set.

Would work off the bat with no reinstallation etc. But there are far better 970 boards for not much more money - depends how hassle free you want it to be .

saturnalia

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
[CENSORED :no:]. You're right. Guess I'll have to get a new motherboard. Haven't the slightest clue how to figure out which would be compatible with the rest of the stuff I have.

Cheap straight out swap would be the 78lmt-usb 3 which is virtually the same board but with USB 3 & an upgraded vrm set.

Would work off the bat with no reinstallation etc. But there are far better 970 boards for not much more money - depends how hassle free you want it to be .

Solution