Question Removed screen cable, now Lenovo legion doesn't turn on.

eminem 2ka9

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I wanted to replace my Lenovo legion 5p screen and removed the cable, but forgot to take the battery out. The laptop turned on but the keyboard lit up multiple times which I found weird. I shut it down, after this the fans would turn on but no keyboard lighting. It charged for just 30s before turning off.
Now the charge doesn't have a light and it doesn't turn on. I feel like I am going to puke and am just sweating like crazy, I am so upset that I would do something so foolish. I still am paying off this laptop I got 3 months ago and the warranty is void. I pressed the button at the side and held power button without battery in. No luck. Has anybody ever brought a laptop to a repair shop and they were able to resolve this possible short circuiting without replacing the whole board. I am probably going to go into a depression shortly. Life is pain for fools who tool around like me.

Ralston18

Titan
What was the original reason for the attempted screen replacement?

Laptop: new or used when purchased? Very likely that the warranty has been voided.

However, consider that the replacement screen may be faulty - any warranty there? Where did you get the replacement screen?

Overall, for the most part you will need to take the laptop to a repair shop for further diagnosis and testing.

Check with family and friends.

Hopefully you will be able to find a repair shop with a good reputation for services and costs.

TRENDING THREADS