Removine the Cmos/Bios Chip?!! can it be done?????

G

I havea gigabyte 7zm with a DUAL AMI bios

its like a removable cmos chip
i HATE AMI, but can i remove this bios chip and install an AWARD BIOS??

Im hoping i can..
I hate AMI =-(

G

what are you talking about? can he? of course he can! Jeez, narrowminded people... while your at it, dont replace it with an award chip, replace it with a potato chip, it will be about as effecitve... :)

Old addage: "Users never prosper" :eek:) Long live the tweakers

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Unlike some of the other nitwits here yes it can be done but why? there is a special utility to flash and award bios with an ami rom and vice versa.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

G

Are you serious man?

I can flash my AMI to Award??

=-)
If i can my god i will be so happy...

How can this be done?
I thought i would have to remove the bios chip since it is removable.. and buy a new one or something...

Let me know =-)

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you will have to carefully remove the ami chip after you have booted to a boot disk ( with the flash utility and rom) while the computer is still running. then carefully replace with your award bios. Then run the award to ami bios utility found here. And yes you can remove a bios chip while the computer is running however be carefull, a bios chip is alot like a cars starter, it is only used to sart the computer up then is no longer needed until your reboot. Just be extremely carefull not to short anything else. The utility can be found here.

http://www.msi.com.tw/support/bios/main.htm

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!