removing apps shortcuts after new windows update

puddingman1192

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Hi all, not sure if this has been answered or not, but I can't seem to find a solution. Ever since the new update (anniversary I think?) windows reset a lot of my settings and added a few programs to my task bar, no big deal.. but I'm very annoyed that there is now an all apps area in the start menu. Is there a way I can remove these shortcuts? takes up a lot of space and is very cluttery, especially since I don't click directly on these shortcuts. I usually just search for a program when I need it, and I like it that way. I want to be able to type to search for the program I'm looking for rather than clicking on it from a large list.
also, I'm not sure I'm calling everything by the right name, but I highlighted what I want to remove in the image.
Thanks in advance.

http://imgur.com/a/gFrsQ

gFrsQ

Solution
some you can remove and some you can not.

Right click on the icon then click on more and than click on "open file location" than delete the shortcut and it should be gone.

For the others you can try going to all setting and than click on privacy and on the left hand side click on background apps and turn off the ones you do not want.

puddingman1192

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

it doesn't let me remove all of the apps shortcuts that i had circled in the image.. when i first started messing with it i thought your solution would work too

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
some you can remove and some you can not.

Right click on the icon then click on more and than click on "open file location" than delete the shortcut and it should be gone.

For the others you can try going to all setting and than click on privacy and on the left hand side click on background apps and turn off the ones you do not want.

Solution

puddingman1192

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

well thats the closest i can get to removing it I guess. Pretty annoying I have to see the shortcuts for apps I won't ever use.

USAFRet

Titan

Or, just pin your most used to the taskbar. Click, open.
I almost never interact with the start menu.

puddingman1192

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

thats true, and tbh i do that but sometimes i need to open the start menu

puddingman1192

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

thats true, and tbh i do that but sometimes i need to open the start menu