Question Removing everything from previous owner how ?

vkovachev9

Prominent
Dec 7, 2018
Hi all :]]]
So i've got my new PC here ... now i want to remove everything from the previous owner ....
How can we do that without re-installing the windows,but i want to remove everything ...... from Disk: C and Disk: D
Disk: D can be Defragment i suppose but what about the C ....
The Goal is to be like new without all the deal with the re-installing it :]]]
P.S. i have a windows 10 Pro its not a problem to reinstall it but if there is a way without ......

You can remove a the old owners programs, but there may still be viruses that would take additional time to remove, if you can at all.

By the time you get done with that, you could have reinstalled Windows and achieved better results.

Insert newly downloaded/created Win10 installer USB, and delete existing partitions when able to point it to to the drive where you want WIndows installed...(you can easily quickly format the secondary drive from here or within WIndows 'This PC' context options later.)

WIndows will create/quick format a new one as the first step in installation...

Now you need not worry about any residual old stuff. Ever.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi all :]]]
So i've got my new PC here ... now i want to remove everything from the previous owner ....
How can we do that without re-installing the windows,but i want to remove everything ...... from Disk: C and Disk: D
Disk: D can be Defragment i suppose but what about the C ....
The Goal is to be like new without all the deal with the re-installing it :]]]
P.S. i have a windows 10 Pro its not a problem to reinstall it but if there is a way without ......
A full wipe and reinstall of ALL drives, all partitions.
There is no other option.

Complete removal, including the OS.

Yes, you need to do this.
Without that, you're trusting the previous owner, and everyone else who ever touched that PC.

Start with a known clean slate.