[SOLVED] Removing ground pin

Sep 27, 2020
Here in the Philippines we have only 2 prong sockets and im planning to remove my ground pin from my plug for convenience of not having to use an adapter. Does removing it has some effect to my psu?

Solution
Here in the Philippines we have only 2 prong sockets and im planning to remove my ground pin from my plug for convenience of not having to use an adapter. Does removing it has some effect to my psu?

It just means that leakage current will energize your chassis so you'll get a slight tingle when you touch your PC without wearing shoes.

Also, if you have a surge, it can't be redirected to ground if there's no ground to redirect to and so all of your components will get damaged.

Other than that, you're fine.

It just means that leakage current will energize your chassis so you'll get a slight tingle when you touch your PC without wearing shoes.

Also, if you have a surge, it can't be redirected to ground if there's no ground to redirect to and so all of your components will get damaged.

Other than that, you're fine.

Solution