removing item from Windows Explorer's right-click menu?

An application has added itself before the first item ("Open") of the
right-click menu in Windows Explorer: how can I remove it or change its
position? (Being the first it also gets started on double click)
Thanks!
Pierre

lee

Pierre Alexis <pierrealexis@cheerful.com> wrote in message news:<40717D4D.1000701@cheerful.com>...
> An application has added itself before the first item ("Open") of the
> right-click menu in Windows Explorer: how can I remove it or change its
> position? (Being the first it also gets started on double click)
> Thanks!
> Pierre

In Start Menu|Settings|Folder Options|File types you can change the
'Default' actions, trouble being that it's hard to find the item
or 'type' to do the change on. If we knew what you were right
clicking on and the application perhaps better advice might show
up?