Question Removing power + reset switch from CoolerMaster NR400

Looking2Build

Distinguished
May 30, 2013
Greetings All,

Upgrading my system and planning my first case mod (paint, rgb, backlit acrylic). Just started and already stuck trying to figure out exactly how to remove the power and reset switches on the top panel. I was able to remove the USB ports and head/mic jack (screws), but the switches have what look like tabs to depress and push or pull the switch out. I tried for a while to remove them, but it seems more difficult than the other ports. Is the a special tool to use or something I'm missing. I don't want to accidentally break the switches or pull out the wires. Has anyone removed this type of switch from Cooler Master? Thanks for any advice.

Lutfij

Titan
You could just mask the parts that you don't want paint to go on when you're going to paint the entire case. Also, if you did de-rivet the case, you'd get better access to the ports. Might want to include images. Text only explains so much before imagination takes over...

Looking2Build

Distinguished
May 30, 2013
Here are a couple of pics of my switches. I'm planning on sanding and painting the outside of the case only. The interior will have a few decorative elements, non painted. Didn't want to unrivet the case unless it was absolutely necessary. Hopefully, I can get those two out.
KBmHxv.jpg

bABUeC.jpg

Looking2Build

Distinguished
May 30, 2013
I've taken all the visible screws out, but nothing is moveable. there might be a hidden screw somewhere. I'll keep trying. I also sent a message to Cooler Master for assistance. We'll see if they are willing to help and I'll post an update on my progress. Thanks.