Removing/repositioning exhaust fan for looks

UNKNOWN5

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
Hi,
I have a phanteks p400 tempered glass case and a msi LED motherboard.
As it is currently setup one of the supplied 120mm fans is mounted at the back exhaust position and although I have no problem with it being there it does completely block the I/O LED cover on my motherboard and as I have 2 970 gpu's covering the majority of the other LED bits of my motherboard it would be nice to have it on show.
I would like to keep an exhaust fan as I need as much airflow as possible over my components to maintain low temps but do I need one there?
Could I just mount it on the top instead?
Or maybe there is some sort of way of stopping the I/O cover from being blocked?

Solution
This is how I see it.
The fan is there for a reason. Judging from the looks of the case this truly is the main exit for the heat.
Now obviously you could try to set it somewhere else, but then again: the case was designed to have the fan at this spot.

Removing the fan entirely is something I absolutely do not recommend. I'd even go as far as advising against moving it. If however you still decide to do so, you will have to stress test your computer for quite a while, monitoring the temps closely. This is the only way to know if it works or not.

Have you tried using a transparent fan? This might make it possible to see the LED while still providing a decent airflow.

Kollosso

Honorable
Jan 20, 2015
This is how I see it.
The fan is there for a reason. Judging from the looks of the case this truly is the main exit for the heat.
Now obviously you could try to set it somewhere else, but then again: the case was designed to have the fan at this spot.

Removing the fan entirely is something I absolutely do not recommend. I'd even go as far as advising against moving it. If however you still decide to do so, you will have to stress test your computer for quite a while, monitoring the temps closely. This is the only way to know if it works or not.

Have you tried using a transparent fan? This might make it possible to see the LED while still providing a decent airflow.

Solution

UNKNOWN5

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
Thanks guys, ill try mounting it on top, if its no good ill look into transparent fans or at least fans with smaller boarders.
Are there any you recommend? thanks again

TRENDING THREADS