Removing W2K and clean installing XP

nilesh

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004

Greetings,

I have gone through the michaelstevens website on how to
remove W2K and install XP but that seems little confusing.
But, will try again.

The thing here is that I have Windows 2000 Professional on
my C drive and Windows XP on my D drive. Though Linux is
too installed on my E drive. This is triple booting. The
file system here is FAT 32 for both W2K and XP.

I wish to remove Windows 2000 Professional and do a clean
install on my C drive with XP, keeping in mind that C is
the active partition. How do I accomplish this task.

I will then format my D drive as XP is already loaded and
I dont want 2 XPs.

Also let me know if this will affect my Linux Grub.

Thanks very much for any help.

regards
Nilesh

dl

Use disk management in win2k to format D
Edit boot.ini to remove any ref to winxp
Boot from winxp disk and perform clean install (Format/Install) on C
You may have to use phone activation.
NTFS file sys is more efficient/better security
Dont know affect on linux