Rename "documents and settings" in windows XP home

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I am running out of diskspace on C:, so I would like to
move the documents and setting dir to a different
partition. I found how to do it in XP professional, but
how do you do it in XP home (I only have one user, so I
could also just change the <username> dir inside
documents and settins).

Thanks
chris

Hi,

What use will that do. It will not help you increasing the space of the documents folder. and that will prevent u saving files to the particular folders because XP follows this structure which starts from Documents and settings and ends up in ur profile.
--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"Chris" wrote:

> I am running out of diskspace on C:, so I would like to
> move the documents and setting dir to a different
> partition. I found how to do it in XP professional, but
> how do you do it in XP home (I only have one user, so I
> could also just change the <username> dir inside
> documents and settins).
>
> Thanks
> chris

kelly