Renaming a folder in MY Pictures caused ALL to be renamed

TeresaMP

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
I've had problems with My Pictures before. I'm not exactly a newbie and KNOW I did it right. So why, when I renamed ONE folder, did the name of every folder in My Pictures change to the same name as the one I changed?

You said you had problems with that folder before, what problems and what did you do to fix them? There is no reason why renaming one folder will change the name on all of them unless you were working with linked folders like a Library and not the actual folder, or those other issues you had are linked to what is happening.

TeresaMP

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017

No, I didn't say THAT specific folder, but the same problem, where doing something with ONE folder in my Pictures Library caused all to be affected. As I said, I've been using this for many years and it just seems to be a glitch occasionally. I just went back and renamed them back, one by one. Another time, several of the folders disappeared completely. I don't recall what I was doing (I mostly just add pictures to folders or open new folders, sometimes copy a photo to send in an email or on social media), but luckily I had them backed up.