Renaming a PDC

Danny

I am having problem with an application that has a problem with dashes (-)
in the name of my PDC (NT4 SP6a) server. Can anyone see any problem with
renaming the server? Its the only server in the domain.

Danny Robinson

Renaming a Windows NT PDC or BDC
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;150298&Product=nts40

"Danny" <dannyrobinson@canada.com> wrote in message
> I am having problem with an application that has a problem with dashes
(-)
> in the name of my PDC (NT4 SP6a) server. Can anyone see any problem
with
> renaming the server? Its the only server in the domain.

> Danny Robinson

Chris

If I remember right NT does not like the dash in the name but does like the _ underscore. Do yourself a favor don't use the Underscore in the name because the new MS servers don't like them at all!
If you ever wish to upgrade this server use one name.
hope this helps
Chris

TRENDING THREADS