Renaming your hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi to all who can help out there. Im in the process of
trying to add a secondary hd onto my pc system.
Unfortunately it is labelled drive C as they are all
defaulted too. I would like to change the name of my
master hd so that I can run both and my pc will only boot
from the one. Bios goes nuts as it wants to boot from
both hds. I cant remember for the life of me how to do
it. I am running XP. Thank you to all who view this and
respond.

You need to make sure only one is set to master and the other is set to
slave. Do this by changing the jumpers on the back of the hard drives. The
other thing is make sure your bios is set to boot from the correct drive.
Once you boot onto windows you can change drive letters and volume names as
you need, by going into admin tools | computer management | disc
maintenence. When you boot into Windows make sure your boot partition is
marked as active.

"Brainfart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi to all who can help out there. Im in the process of
> trying to add a secondary hd onto my pc system.
> Unfortunately it is labelled drive C as they are all
> defaulted too. I would like to change the name of my
> master hd so that I can run both and my pc will only boot
> from the one. Bios goes nuts as it wants to boot from
> both hds. I cant remember for the life of me how to do
> it. I am running XP. Thank you to all who view this and
> respond.

Hi to all who can help out there. Im in the process of
trying to add a secondary hd onto my pc system.
Unfortunately it is labelled drive C as they are all
defaulted too. I would like to change the name of my
master hd so that I can run both and my pc will only boot
from the one. Bios goes nuts as it wants to boot from
both hds. I cant remember for the life of me how to do
it. I am running XP. Thank you to all who view this and
respond.

To use both press WinKey and open "Control Panel" >>> "Administrative Tools" >>> "Computer Management" >>> "Disk Management" and choose drive and change letter