Question Rendering device stopped problem with 10 series graphics cards

mavus

Commendable
Jul 15, 2019
Hello, I used to have a GTX 1050 TI coming from a gt 740. after a while of having the 1050 TI (1 year or more) I started facing a problem, sometimes when I had alt tabbed, my game would freeze, then after a little bit the screen would go black, and then if you waited a little longer, it would stop the program and it would pop up with "Rendering device stopped" or something like that, then it also sets my default audio device to my monitor sound. When playing some games, (Minecraft, Overwatch) when I would first launch it, the screen would go black and if I alt tabbed and went back in it would be fine for 2-3 seconds and then go black again. This happens rarely, but when it does I have to keep on alt tabbing and tabbing back in to eventually switch it to windowed mode, then if I would go back in fullscreen, everything would be fine. The reason I think this is because of the 10 series graphics card, is because after having the 1050 TI, I had a GTX 970 for a while and the problem went away, now I have a EVGA 1070 SC and it is happening again.

Specs:
GPU: evga 1070 sc
CPU:AMD Ryzen 3600, old cpu with the 1050 TI was a i7-4470
RAM: Team T-Force Dark 3200MHz 16GB 2x8GB DDR4
Motherboard: ASRock B450M HDV R4

Please, any solutions for this problem will be greatly appreciated.

mavus

Commendable
Jul 15, 2019
make and model of the psu?
did you fresh os install?
check cpu/gpu temp?
Psu: Thermaltake 500W something like that im not sure
not sure what u mean with fresh os, but if its like new ssd then yeah everything is on a new ssd
cpu temp goes to about 70+ while playing games
gpu temp goes to about 73+ while playing games (in 30-40 degrees celsius weather)