Rendering / Gaming PC AMD CPU Build

Feb 20, 2018
Hey as in the title could you advise me on the rendering pc, there might be some gaming as well, but it's not necessary.

The thing I'm going for are CUDA Cores, more is better. I am considering maybe dual GPU [SLI?]
I'd also prefer Ryzen CPU, and some SSD.

Budget: 1800-2500£

Thanks.

Solution
I've put together a system that should work pretty well for you.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/KCzVcY

The Ryzen 7 2700X is a great CPU for productivity work and even outpaces some more expensive offerings. The motherboard is purpose built for that CPU and has plenty of connectivity and features. I included 16GB of RAM AS A MINIMUM for a rendering machine. You can still add more and stay well under 2500£. The 500GB SSD from Crucial is a great performer for the price and the 3 TB HDD should give you plenty of expanded storage. You wanted CUDA cores, and unless you want to spend your entire budget on a Titan V, the 1080Ti has the most that you can get on a single card. Your alternative is to SLI two 1080 or 1080Ti cards, but that can...
I've put together a system that should work pretty well for you.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/KCzVcY

The Ryzen 7 2700X is a great CPU for productivity work and even outpaces some more expensive offerings. The motherboard is purpose built for that CPU and has plenty of connectivity and features. I included 16GB of RAM AS A MINIMUM for a rendering machine. You can still add more and stay well under 2500£. The 500GB SSD from Crucial is a great performer for the price and the 3 TB HDD should give you plenty of expanded storage. You wanted CUDA cores, and unless you want to spend your entire budget on a Titan V, the 1080Ti has the most that you can get on a single card. Your alternative is to SLI two 1080 or 1080Ti cards, but that can get pricey. The case is just a nice case, you can substitute to taste here. I've included a 750W PSU to provide plenty of power and give you the opportunity for upgrades at a later date. It should be quiet and efficient, and look nice as it has fully modular cables.

Hope that helps!

Solution