Rep. Ted Lieu Blames NSA For Unpatched Carrier Vulnerability That Allowed His Calls To Be Intercepted On '60 Minutes'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Droste

Honorable
May 29, 2013
please; Piss off another 40 or so Senators so we can stop this B.S. with back door security/decryption crap; especially those who were trying to push state and federal anti-encryption legislature.

nanoflower

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
With the problem being in the SS7 system doesn't that mean that all phone calls are equally vulnerable. Even those on hard lines?

if you use a cordless phone even if used with a hard line the wireless transmission between the hand set and the reciver is still freedom of the airwaves and anyone can receive what you transmit

so anything at your house you do over wireless and is transmitting I can sit out side and recive and use - that's all there is to it just like a raido broadcast

BUT... I cant use it in any legal sense unless the wiretapping criteria is meet

''The kid next door can probably crack your WEP Wi-Fi encryption if he puts his mind to it. The neighbor across the street can purchase a radio scanner that can monitor your cordless phone transmissions''

http://cellphonetapped.com/wiretapping-laws/

now in my opinion the news guys who did this should be in violation of the law and can be prosecuted [and should be ] if one of the partys in the conversation did not agree to having that done [ part of the law] if one party agreed to it then its just too bad so sad for sen. tom ....

and why lawyers get paid the big money to twist all this around . in the end the damage was done and released - no taking that back

[forgot]

http://communications-media.lawyers.com/privacy-law/wiretapping.html

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Jesus, Will Tom's ever stop NSA caused it click-bait articles?

This wasn't the NSA's fault, they didn't build the network. The carriers have been told about all sorts of flaws in their system. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why they don't want to fix it, it costs money. Until people care enough about security to change carriers or you force them through legislation it'll never get fixed.

How about reporting that the senator voted against a bill that would require a warrant to search a cell phone?
Oh wait I know why, because that doesn't fit the "It's all the NSA's fault" company line.

I hope that more "deciders" get their communications hacked; only then security will be taken seriously.
While NSA didn't build the network, they have not pushed to make communications more secure,either, despite their name (N Security A). As long as it suited their "spy on our own, spy on everyone" agenda, keeping mum about any and all security flaws was/is their de facto m.o.

poochiepiano

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
now in my opinion the news guys who did this should be in violation of the law and can be prosecuted [and should be ] if one of the partys in the conversation did not agree to having that done [ part of the law] if one party agreed to it then its just too bad so sad for sen. tom ....
Uhh, seems to me that 60 Minutes and Sen. Lieu were working together to prove a point (despite how the dramatic title implies otherwise).

f-14

Distinguished
There's a reason education sucks, it's the same reason that it will never, ever, ever be fixed. It's never going to get any better, don't look for it, be happy with what you got. Because the owners of this country don't want that. I'm talking about the real owners, now. The real owners, the big wealthy business interests that control things and make all the important decisions. Forget the politicians, they're an irrelevancy. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own and control the corporations. They've long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the statehouses, the city halls. They've got the judges in their back pockets. And they own all the big media companies, so that they control just about all of the news and information you hear. They've got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying,­ lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want; they want more for themselves and less for everybody else.
But I'll tell you what they don't want. They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them. That's against their interests. They don't want people who are smart enough to sit around the kitchen table and figure out how badly they're getting fucked by a system that threw them overboard 30 fucking years ago.

You know what they want? Obedient workers,­ people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork but just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, reduced benefits, the end of overtime and the vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it. And, now, they're coming for your Social Security. They want your fucking retirement money. They want it back, so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street. And you know something? They'll get it. They'll get it all, sooner or later, because they own this fucking place. It's a big club, and you ain't in it. You and I are not in the big club.

This country is finished.
George Carlin 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Zqbg6QThg

Status
Not open for further replies.