[SOLVED] Repair Advice for Lenevo Yoga 910 No Bootable Device Found

Aug 12, 2021
I’ve had my Lenevo Yoga 910 for the last 4 years and it’s given me no issues. I had a screen crack in it once that was repeared under my geek squad protection and other than that always kept it in a protective carry case and never left it in bad conditions.

However, a few days ago I received the No Bootable Device Found issue. The laptop boots up to the Lenevo Screen, the fan starts running, but then it goes to a “no bootable device” screen. That had happened to me once and I changed the BIOS settings and everything worked. This one it did not because for some reaosn my SSD harddrive wasn’t being detected. It came up in BIOS once, a day after the issue. But other than that, it’s been “Not Detected” since.

From my personal troubleshooting, I think the issue is that either the hard drive is corrupted or the motherboard has issues. Before, I was thinking the harddrive pins aren’t properly connected or there was some dust in there. But then I went to a repair guy and he said that’s probably unlikely (I still blew some pressurized air throw the vents just in case).

But I’m still unsure as to what the issue EXACTLY is and how to find it out. Also, I’m unsure of what to do.

A new SSD is easily $100+ and can be replaced by me. But if the issue is in the motherboard, that’s $300+ for parts and labor. I can either go in that route or just get a new macbook since that seems more worth it for me.

Any advice?

Last edited: