Question Repair help appreciated....

cheeto2

Reputable
Apr 4, 2018
Random Reboots and BSOD with various .sys errors. Windows event viewer show numerous HD errors, some CPU core errors with various cores and memory.dmp errors. I have two of these exact Gigabyte B450M DS3H boards with F30 bios. One board is Ryzen 2200G, Gskill DDR4 3000 RAM and the secon board other (one I am having problems with is a Ryzen 5 1400 and Neo Forza 3200 RAM. The second board mentioned has the 5 1400 that works fine in the first board mentioned but keeps resulting in these errors in the second board. I have tried three HDDs, 2 PSUs, 2 GPUs, swapped RAM and swapped CPUs. The 2200 G works fine in the second board that I suspect to be bad while all other variables are exctly the same, BUT when I put the Ryzen 5 1400 into this second board (exactly the same model and BIOS as the other ) the PC crashes 20 times per day-basically unusable. I have requested and RMA on this board, but I am not 100% certain.

Anyone got any ideas before I mail this board off for RMA? Thanks for help/suggestions.

cheeto2

Reputable
Apr 4, 2018
Yes, ran memtest took about 2 hours....0 errors and 4 passes
Also, ran cinebench on CPUs and both CPUs did fine... the 1400 did considerably better but no problems

D

Deleted member 14196

did you check the HDD? scan for bad sectors? i agree, your second board is probably bad if all the components work on the first board.

Reactions: cheeto2

cheeto2

Reputable
Apr 4, 2018
Gigabyte board is barely 2 months old too....:mad: I almost never OC either. The only OC'ing that I do is clicking the OC button with absolutely no noticeable increase via the Gigabyte software. lol

Just weird that I can run a 2200G APU in the board but not a 5 1400 CPU.