[SOLVED] repair navadia gtx1080

Doroni

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
Hi guys
two day ago me PC stop woking Open it and unplug the board .it has the smell like some component burn/dead in
Do you know any company that can repair my navadia 1080 gtx board or I shall dig a little hole in ground and say RIP
Since i live in Israel I have to do an international delivery
Regards ahead Doron

Solution
hi
The card is about 4 years old (checked the buy date from Amazon ) so the warranty does not help me (only 3 years) it is not the PS because when I unplug the card the PS
Works '. I checked the V-out of it Thanks for help Doron

This is not a good test of the power supply, that just shows that without the video card load the power supply runs better. It's like saying my horse is slow with me on it but it's fast when I'm not on it so it can't be the horse that is the issue. Of course when you remove some weight the horse will run faster, same thing for the power supply, if it's the issue, you remove a bunch of power draw on it it's easier for it to power the system. The way you test the power supply is you test with...

Doroni

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
Hi
It sould be Nvidia ( mispalling made by me ) tahnks for try to help . Don't you think that if I plug it in other PC it can not cause damage the mother board of PC?
Doron

Hi guys
two day ago me PC stop woking Open it and unplug the board .it has the smell like some component burn/dead in
Do you know any company that can repair my navadia 1080 gtx board or I shall dig a little hole in ground and say RIP
Since i live in Israel I have to do an international delivery
Regards ahead Doron

Did you contact the vendor for warranty? Are you sure it's the video card and not the power supply? Video cards tend to have a pretty long warranty.

Doroni

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
hi
The card is about 4 years old (checked the buy date from Amazon ) so the warranty does not help me (only 3 years) it is not the PS because when I unplug the card the PS

hi

This is not a good test of the power supply, that just shows that without the video card load the power supply runs better. It's like saying my horse is slow with me on it but it's fast when I'm not on it so it can't be the horse that is the issue. Of course when you remove some weight the horse will run faster, same thing for the power supply, if it's the issue, you remove a bunch of power draw on it it's easier for it to power the system. The way you test the power supply is you test with another video card of the same power draw as the video card you have and see if it runs with that, or test it in another system with the same power draw.

Solution