Question Repair or replace the main drive on my computer?

May 20, 2019
I wake up my computer after 30 minutes of inactivity. My CPU will wake up but sometimes the display doesn't show. I restart the CPU and sometimes I'm instructed to restart the system to repair the drive. Do I need to repair the drive a certain way or do I need to replace it?

popatim

Titan
Oh, Maybe make a thread on a Tech forum? <grin>
Perhaps in the Systems forum. Please be sure to list yous systems specs and OS since this could be software or hardware related.
From PC's I've worked on, it's usually a Windows or GPU Issue.
Sorry for the delayed response. I had to go out of town and had no internet access there.

hang-the-9

Titan
I wake up my computer after 30 minutes of inactivity. My CPU will wake up but sometimes the display doesn't show. I restart the CPU and sometimes I'm instructed to restart the system to repair the drive. Do I need to repair the drive a certain way or do I need to replace it?
The reason you get that message to repair is because you shut down the CPU improperly. If the display does not show up, your "restart the CPU" is just shutting it down with the power button, is that correct? If you do that, that will cause drive and file system issues.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS