Question Repair shorted out fans?

martied

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
Ok, I bought a Deepcool fan hub, connected all my fans, plugged in a SATA cable to the PSU and powered it up. Only one fan would run. After 2-3 reboots checking for possible loose connections none would start. After doing a bit of research I realized I might have used a PSU cable from a different PSU and thus shorting out my fans. I took 2 spare fans, connected them to the hub and to a SATA cable already in the case and the spares ran fine. I tried connecting the problem fans directly to a motherboard connection and they still didn't work. Is there any way to fix these brand new fans? Or should I cry?

Ok, I bought a Deepcool fan hub, connected all my fans, plugged in a SATA cable to the PSU and powered it up. Only one fan would run. After 2-3 reboots checking for possible loose connections none would start. After doing a bit of research I realized I might have used a PSU cable from a different PSU and thus shorting out my fans. I took 2 spare fans, connected them to the hub and to a SATA cable already in the case and the spares ran fine. I tried connecting the problem fans directly to a motherboard connection and they still didn't work. Is there any way to fix these brand new fans? Or should I cry?
Don't be sad, get angry (at yourself). No user serviceable parts inside.

TRENDING THREADS