Question "Repair Your Computer" option

Jul 23, 2020
Okay, I've been trying to upgrade the HDD in my Windows 7 laptop to an SSD. I tried using cloning software, but it failed...for whatever reasons. I tried to create a thumbdrive to save the "System image" to and it failed...it refused to create a usable thumbdrive storage system for whatever reasons. Then I bought some DVD-R discs and I successfully created a "System Image" file...took 10 discs to create the whole system image.

If I install a fresh, blank SSD and boot into "Recovery" through the "Repair Your Computer" option after tapping F8 while powering my laptop on, will this allow me to successfully migrate my system to the SSD?

USAFRet

Titan
Isn't the 10 discs of system image basically the same as a fresh copy of official Windows media? Like if I bought a copy of Windows 7 on Amazon or some other seller, wouldn't that be basically the same as a system image save?
How was this system image created?

If it is the Factory thing, that include everything to return it to out of the box condition.
However, I've seen some of those that do not work on a different drive. Only sometimes, though.

If it was created from Windows directly, it might work.

What specific SSD is this going on?

Jul 23, 2020
How was this system image created?

If it is the Factory thing, that include everything to return it to out of the box condition.
However, I've seen some of those that do not work on a different drive. Only sometimes, though.

If it was created from Windows directly, it might work.

What specific SSD is this going on?
Yeah, I created it in Windows. Haven't bought an SSD yet. Did have a Crucial MX500 2.5" SATA drive that I returned. Not sure what I'll buy next. Probably a cheap $20 one from Best Buy just to test this.