Question Repairing Lenovo Yoga 700-14ISK and a piece fell out, what is it??

May 21, 2020
Hey all, I have a Lenovo Yoga 700 14ISK with the i5 and 128gb ssd that I used for college a few years back. My brother is starting college and I'm working on fixing it for him as a gift. I've repaired other laptops in the past but this is my first time inside this one. The main problem with it currently is that when I open it to turn it on the screen almost never turns on, sometimes it does but then it doesn't boot properly and after some digging i found that the windows file may be corrupted for some some reason or another. That being said I opened it up today and this little thing fell out and I have no idea what it is or where it goes so I was hoping someone here might be able to help me identify the little thing and if its important! Thanks for any help.
Here's a link to some pictures I took of the thing: View: https://imgur.com/gallery/i7ZvLG9

It's a surface mount electrical component....and it's probably important or it wouldn't have been there in the first place.

Although it may or may not be critical in getting the machine to work.

It may be part of a circuit that you don't use...in which case you may not notice....or it may be very critical and prevent the system from working.

May 21, 2020
It's a surface mount electrical component....and it's probably important or it wouldn't have been there in the first place.

Although it may or may not be critical in getting the machine to work.

It may be part of a circuit that you don't use...in which case you may not notice....or it may be very critical and prevent the system from working.
Ahhh ok, I mean its not in there without purpose but I am hoping its more along the lines of non-critical...thank you!

TRENDING THREADS