Repeated, random DPC_Watchdog_Violation after I've installed new GPU and changed PC case.

wdr

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
THE ISSUE:
After installing a new GPU my PC has been freezing and then getting blue screens at random times, for seemingly no good reason. This can happen as I browse the internet, watch a video, listen to music, or even play video games. There doesn't seem to be a specific time period, sometimes it can even go for two days without an issue, however, it does feel like it happens slightly more often when I play a demanding video game.

SOME BACKGROUND:
About two months ago my old GTX760 died on me, so I had it replaced by my mate's Sapphire HD 7850. However, this GPU also died in about three weeks. So, finally I decided to invest into a brand new GPU and also a new PC case, this was about two weeks ago. Ever since then, I've been dealing with this issue. So technically, the PC case could be the problem as well in some weird way.

PC SPECS:
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
CPU: AMD FX-6300
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce 1050Ti
RAM: DIMM DDR3 8GB 1600MHz Kingston (Kit 2x4GB) HyperX Blu
HDD:WD1002FAEX 1TB SATAIII/600 64MB 7200rpm
PSU: FSP Aurum CM Gold 650-650 Watt
CASE: SHARKOON M25-W ATX MidiTower Black

WHAT I'VE TRIED AND DONE ALREADY:
Changed antivirus
Cleaned registry
Defragged the disc
Properly reinstalled newest GPU drivers
Deleted remnants of previous GPU drivers
Fixed AODDriver4.2.0 error that was popping up in Event viewer
Changed from Chrome to Mozilla
Took out RAMs and switched their positions
Made sure cables are correctly placed
Did that weird thing with SATA/AHCI drivers that everyone suggests
Switched my keyboard/mouse/headphones around
Made sure my temperatures are fine
Contemplated moving into the mountains, so I don't have to deal with this anymore

I am really running out of ideas at this point. I would be extremely grateful if someone could spare some time to help me sort this out. The fact that it can go so long without crashing doesn't help at all.
Thank you for whatever suggestions you may have.

Solution
I had the exact same problem recently after switching from an AMD card to Nvidia, very similar setup to yours. After trying a lot of different things, I did a System Restore to remove Windows updates back to January. (KB4056895 from Jan 8th seems the likely culprit, but it didn't show as an update I could remove, so the restore was necessary.) I'm now approaching 72 hours without seeing the BSOD again.

wdr

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018

Hi!

The files are here: https:/
DDU unistaller has been tried already.

I would uninstall Gigabyte On/Off

It's a known cause of crashes

I would say the video drivers are crashing. Since all 4 crashes involve directx

I wouldnt use registry cleaners. Unless you know what you're removing you can make things worse

I would update or uninstall Open Hardware Monitor. It's driver is 10 yrs old

I would also uninstall tuneup uitils

wdr

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018

I have removed Open Hardware Monitor, Gigabyte On/Off and Tuneup utils. I will run DDU uninstaller one more time, just to feel safe. Will see how it goes. Thank you for your time! I'll report once everything seems fine/PC crashes again.

wdr

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018

Alright. That was faster than expected. Played some PUBG and it occured once again, I have uploaded the newest dmp file, the last link should still work.

voidoid

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
I had the exact same problem recently after switching from an AMD card to Nvidia, very similar setup to yours. After trying a lot of different things, I did a System Restore to remove Windows updates back to January. (KB4056895 from Jan 8th seems the likely culprit, but it didn't show as an update I could remove, so the restore was necessary.) I'm now approaching 72 hours without seeing the BSOD again.

Solution

wdr

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll do a good ol' reset, see what happens. Didn't reinstall Windows for ages, so it'll be healthy for the computer anyways. Hopefully that'll help.