[SOLVED] Repeated shut downs due to asus power surge

Rhysjones106

Honorable
Jan 2, 2017
So basically over the past day my pc has repeatedly shut down due to Asus surge protection detecting a power surge from my psu. Is my psu faulty or is it something else that could be wrong with the pc? The issue seems to happen under varying loads from a chrome tab to csgo so don't think it's down to performance issues.
Any help would be great.
My specs:
I7 6700k overcooked
Asus sabertooth z170 mobo
GTX 980
650w psu think it's 80+ silver?

Solution
There are effectively only two possibilities for Anti-Surge tripping: Anti-Surge is faulty or the PSU is faulty/dying/overheating.

I'd start with checking your case's PSU air filter if applicable and blowing the PSU out with compressed air - I had anti-surge issues with my current PC a while ago and the problem was simply a clogged filter.

InvalidError

Titan
There are effectively only two possibilities for Anti-Surge tripping: Anti-Surge is faulty or the PSU is faulty/dying/overheating.

I'd start with checking your case's PSU air filter if applicable and blowing the PSU out with compressed air - I had anti-surge issues with my current PC a while ago and the problem was simply a clogged filter.

Solution