Question Repeater keeps losing connection with AP

Feb 19, 2021
Hi there!

I keep on having this weird to me and very annoying problem with the wifi extender i bought awhile ago. It's the ASUS RPN12 and recently it keeps losing connection. I have tried hard reset several times ( really more than enough anyone should do ) moving it around the house ( ground floor, 1st and 2nd floor, AP is in my room at the 2nd floor cause my PC is connected via cable ) mainly ground and 1st floor cause ground floor has the least range. I thought that the best scenario is to have it on the middle floor so it has good connection with AP and good range on the ground floor.

I tried to connect both with the WPS button, that worked it was connected but after a day or so I cannot connect to extender on my phone, changing ip to static did manage to make my phone connect but I had no internet. This also happens on a laptop my brother uses ( pretty much only on the ground floor, so he is affected the most )

Using the web quick setup when choosing what AP to connect to the one i want is displayed to have full range (same when I check on my phone) after that configuration both the phone and laptop can connect but when I go on that web config page it says it has lost connection to parent AP therefore no internet.

At this point I'm clueless as to what can cause this situation.

(I also have one other wifi extender ( similar problem is happening to this one but it's a whole another story ) but it's used only for a gate opener so no other device is connected to it)

Feb 19, 2021
This exact one. I've checked everything multiple times and setup seems to be ok, the router is the Huawei B315, but i think i might have fixed it. I've moved the repeater literally across the room. It might just had been in a bad spot, I needed to plug it on a extension cord because of that though. I also observed a significant internet speed increse, went from abount 5 mbit/s to about 30-40/mbit/s which is reasonably lower compared to the speed i have directly through cable.